Wednesday 19 January 2011

Help for Flood affected veterans

Both Di and I feel for all those affected by the floods, not only in Queensland but Australia wide. We would like to do our bit to help with the recovery, but Di's Military commitments preclude this. (Yes she is still serving and almost ready to complete her 36th year). I was involved with the cleanup with 6RAR in the '74 floods so I have a pretty good understanding of the problems faced by all affected.


As you may know, I have been mounting medals professionally for about 16 years, and because of that I thought I might offer my services to those affected by the floods.

I am offering all veterans the following:
If service medals were damaged as a result of the floods, I will
polish, re-ribbon and mount all damaged medals FREE of charge;

If Service medals were lost I can replace with high grade Replicas at
cost price(normally about $10.00 ea). I will ribbon and mount any replica medal purchased, FREE of charge.

The turn-around time would be about 7-10 days after either receiving original medals or notification of Replicas required.

From my understanding, lost medals will take about 4-6 months to replace.
The only cost to the Veteran will be return postage via Yellow Express Bag ($10.00 approx) and cost price of any Replicas required.

Should anyone want to avail themselves of my offer, I can be contacted in any of the following ways:

Phone: 02 9938 3572
Mobile: 0410 519968
e-mail: kayel@iprimus.com.au

regards Kev Lunny, Sunray 32

No comments: